Ways to cut down on false alarms in Fort Worth
False alarms are a real concern for your home’s security. They're not only a burden on your time and pocketbook, but they may decrease the confidence you have in your alarms. Fortunately, you can do a number of things to minimize false alarms from your Fort Worth security system.
To begin, make sure that everything is set up as intended. This process may appear to be a no-brainer, but it’s common that basic miscues trigger false alarms. Next, check out potential causes of false alarms, like entry points that might be left open mistakenly. And of course, don't hesitate to use the extra options like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Fort Worth.
Is it really that straightforward? Continue on and find out.
Can you stop false alarms in Fort Worth?
Like diagnosing any issue, the best course of action is to reference the manual. Make sure all devices are set up properly from your end by:
- Running a diagnostic through your smart hub.
- Physically check each device to be certain it didn't get knocked out of place or need fresh batteries.
- Inspect your preset schedules to ensure that your alarms aren’t arming at unsuitable times.
- Ensure all integrated smart devices are configured correctly and aren't interfering with your alarms.
Call your service specialist if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Fort Worth security system. They'll gladly dispatch a trained expert to examine your setup.
Investigate your entry points
In the event your installation appears to be OK, the ensuing measure is to do an investigation of your residence. Are your windows and doors closed tightly, or might there be a few mistakenly ajar? If an access point is left unsecured, it might trigger a sensor. In the event your clan consistently neglects to secure an entrance, you might want to install a smart locking mechanism that automatically locks when the alarm is activated. Unfortunately, windows require additional manual maintenance, mainly if you have a family member who prefers to fall asleep with a window cracked. Luckily, your Vivint installation makes it easy to deactivate that device while still guarding the remainder of the residence.
Automation can be a great technique to cut down on false alarms in Fort Worth
One of the smartest ways to reduce the chance of false alarms is to incorporate automation into your security system. When utilizing your security app, have the ability to:
- Program a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re in the house and avert false alarms caused by mistakenly unlatching doors or windows. Then have your alarm system reactivate automatically again that evening as you start your bedtime routine.
- Have your system disarm whenever your smart locking mechanism is activated with the correct number combination.
- Set geotracking to arm the alarm if you exit the driveway, then turn off when you arrive home for the day.
- Get cell phone notifications when your implements notice unusual movements or require a battery change.
- Link your system to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you may turn your system on or off without the cell phone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Fort Worth with a Vivint smart home
Increased control over your property’s security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint security package, contact (817) 241-5844 or submit the form below.